[Cytometry] Senior Software Developer Position Available at De Novo Software

David Novo david.novo at denovosoftware.com
Mon Feb 23 02:40:12 EST 2009

De Novo Software is looking for an experienced software developer (>5 years) with some experience developing flow cytometry data analysis/acquisition software. The position is on-site at our Los Angeles office. Experience in a any particular language is not required, although a high level of experience with Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, Test Driven Design and flow cytometry is essential. Salary is highly competitive along with health care and retirement benefits. De Novo Software is always working with new and cutting edge technologies to bring a great user experience to our customers. Our developers are constantly challenged with dealing with the latest changes in IT, from new operating systems, to highly parallel threading models to optimized graphing technologies and much more.  A detailed job posting is below. If you are interested, please reply with a resume to jobs at denovosoftware.com<mailto:jobs at denovosoftware.com>.

Thank you,
Dave

------------------------------------
David Novo
President
De Novo Software
david.novo at denovosoftware.com
phone: (213) 814 1240 xt 802
fax: (213) 814 1240

About the Job

De Novo Software is a rapidly growing company specializing in data analysis solutions for scientific experiments.​ Our flagship product, FCS Express, is used in thousands of research and clinical laboratories world-wide in applications ranging from basic science to disease diagnosis.​ We are a small company located in Los Angeles, CA.​

This position is for those looking for development challenges.​ Our products are high performance desktop applications.​ Aspects include graphical charting and reporting, statistical analysis of data and integration with other desktop applications.​ We are interested in someone who wants more than writing another web front end to a database.​ The candidate will enjoy theoretical aspects of software development, such as design patterns, OOP and software architecture.​

DUTIES

We are seeking a motivated, creative thinker to work in the heart of our development team.​ The specific duties will include programming and testing, but depending on the candidate can expand beyond that.​ The successful candidate will be enjoy investigating new technologies, and be able to keep an eye on long-term goals while working on specific challenging programming problems.​ Depending on experience, the candidate will become involved in design and architecture decisions.​

The candidate will be working very closely with the rest of the team, including the company president, but will also have the ability to work efficiently independently

JOB DESCRIPTION

Will work in a small company environment.​
Will report directly to president.​
Will perform software design, coding and testing.​
Primary development language is Codegear Delphi
Will investigate new technologies and tools.​
Candidate may also contribute to writing documentation.​
Permanent position only

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
5 years experience in an object oriented language such as Java, C#, Delphi or C+​+​
Object-oriented design and analysis, including using interfaces
Experience with Design Patterns and software architecture
Basic understand of current software development models such as extreme programming, test driven development, agile etc.​

PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
Understanding of Windows programming and messaging architecture
Familiarity with a variety of 3rd party Delphi components
Biology background

Mathematical algorithm development
Web programming technologies experience

SOFT SKILLSREQUIREMENTS
Ability to work independently
Oral and written communication suitable for business and technical users

PLEASE SUBMIT
Resume in Word or PDF format to jobs@​denovosoftware.​com<mailto:jobs at denovosoftware.com?subject=Software%20Developer>
Salary History
3 References