[Cytometry] cytometer - analysis & sorting

Gerner Wilhelm Wilhelm.Gerner at vu-wien.ac.at
Sat Feb 21 05:53:35 EST 2009

Dear Gabriele,

we are exactly in the situation that you envision: we have an Aria (and
only an Aria) that we use about 80% of its time for analyses and about
20% for sorting. It works well if you have a skilled person around who
knows how to check the machine for proper set-up (needs about 5 minutes
daily). This person should also be around somewhere in the background
when the average user (and especially beginners) analyzes samples
because a sudden clogging might occur and it needs quite a while to
train people how to deal with a clogged nozzle.

So if you can't make sure that such a "supervisor" will be always around
(it works quite well if you split this between two people) than I would
recommend you to purchase an analyzer and do your sorting in a core
facility if available.

Kind regards
Wilhelm

Wilhelm Gerner
Institute of Immunology
University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna
Veterinaerplatz 1
1210 Vienna
Austria
Tel +43-1-25077-2753