[Cytometry] Correction for Job posting

Joanne Lannigan jl7fj at virginia.edu
Mon Feb 16 12:46:38 EST 2009

Dear Friends/Colleagues:
First off I would like to apologize for any frustration or annoyance
for those trying to access the posting I advertised last week due to
our HR dept. choosing to pull the posting and post it as an internal
position only. Apparently this was the result of a mandate that came
down from the President's office that all positions must first be
posted as internal and only if a candidate could not be found
internally could it posted to the outside. I have convinced them this
position, due to its unique experience requirements, should be exempt
and so it is now posted again and external candidates are eligible.
The link for getting to the posting is https://jobs.virginia.edu/
applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1234805515265
and click on the orange bar that says "University Staff (Managerial &
Professional)" or search for posting number 0603221. Below is the
original description of the position sent to the mailing list last week:

All that stimulation from the stimulus package has stimulated a
position in
the University of Virginia Flow Cytometry Core Facility.

We are looking for a highly energetic self motivated individual to
work in
our facility. The facility serves over 200 investigators from 90
different
laboratories. Current instrumentation includes (3) FACSCaliburs (2 (5)
color), Cyan ADP, FACSVantage SE DiVa cell sorter, 2 HAPS i-Cyt
Reflection
cell sorter, ImageStream imaging flow cytometer,  and Luminex analyzer.
Pending funding from the NIH we hope to be shortly adding an LSRII.
Duties
include instrument maintenance and quality control, training
clientele in
the use of instrumentation, cell sorting, assisting clientele in
experimental design/protocol development, data acquisition and data
analysis/presentation. Salary will commensurate with experience.

The University of Virginia is located in the beautiful foothills of
the Blue
Ridge Mountains in Charlottesville, VA You can learn more about the
area at
http://www.virginia.edu/facultystaffguide/facts.html. The University of
Virginia remains the No. 2 best public university in the 2009 edition
of the
U.S. News and World Report rankings. In the 12 years since U.S. News
began
ranking public universities as a separate category, U.Va. has ranked
either
No. 1 or No. 2. For more info on the University please visit

http://www.virginia.edu/aboutuva.html

Joanne Lannigan, M.S.
Director, Flow Cytometry Core
University of Virginia