[Cytometry] Beckman Coulter additional fee

House, Frances frances.house at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Feb 16 16:11:30 EST 2009

As we all know, while the economy has fluctuated, many vendors have responded by either raising their
prices or tacking on a nominal surcharge on their orders.  This being a forthright and understandable solution
for maintaining the status quo of
business, albeit, while passing on the cost to us.

It is surprising Beckman dismisses the unforeseen necessity of last minute orders.  But it is more surprising
they would not realize customers won't view this administrative fee for what it is - a poor disguise to maintain
their upwardly mobile earnings (see their website for fourth quarter 2008).  Moreover, while they maintain their
bottom line, the researcher or diagnostician are penalized for not anticipating that which is sometimes not 'anticipatable'
(results).

I agree - change vendors.

Frances S. House, M.S.
Laboratory Manager, Research
The CroweLab at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
1161 Twenty-first Avenue, South
Medical Center North, T-2219
Nashville, Tennessee 37232
phone: 615-343-7192
facsimile: 615-343-8789
electronic mail: frances.house at vanderbilt.edu

Insanity ~ doing the same thing over and over. . .and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein