[Cytometry] Human vs Mouse markers (xenografted cells)

Christiane Hassel chassel at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 11 17:46:20 EST 2009

Hi there,

  I have had an inquiry from one of the researchers who utilize the flow
facility.  We haven't run any samples from xenograft studies (that I can
recall), therefore I was wondering if someone could help me answer their
question.  Basically, how to ID and separate human vs mouse cells in the
case of xenograft.

Their inquiry:

"I have sets of cells that are derived from breast cancer tumors grown
in a mouse, and would like to verify that my culture is ONLY the human
injected cells from the tumor and that I do not have any mouse stromal
cells that have survived my antibiotic and drug selection methods."

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Christiane

Christiane Hassel, B.Sc.
FACS Operator/Manager