[Cytometry] Conjugation of antibodies with tandem dyes

Parmentier, Julie Julie.Parmentier at astrazeneca.com
Mon Feb 9 18:34:17 EST 2009

Hello everyone!

I'm looking to conjugate some antibodies to tandems (Cy5-PE, Cy7-PE, and Cy7-APC), and was wondering if anyone has any experience with Innova Biosciences "Lightning-Link" conjugation kits.  I've visited Dr. Mario's site for his advice, and found a great protocol that would absolutely be my first choice, except who can resist "The World's Easiest Conjugation Kits".  I do love easy, and more than that, I love a kit.  But I am worried that "easiest" will not translate into "best", or even "good-enough".  So before I pin my hopes on this, has anyone tried it out, and if you have, how did it work?? Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated..If no one has tried it out I'd be willing to take a shot at it, see how it goes,and let you know how it turns out.....Thanks everyone!

Julie Parmentier
Scientist
Cancer Biologics
AstraZeneca