[Cytometry] Help with macrophage detachment

J. Paul Robinson jpr at flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu
Fri Feb 6 11:28:10 EST 2009

well to be fair Mario, the cyntellect machine is pretty nice - its
ability to zap cells in a flask at high speed is unique and it has some
very nice features (efficient transfection for example) that are not
present in other technologies...its really very different to the ACAS
system...

regards

paul

Mario Roederer wrote:
> Novel?
>
> Wasn't there a whole company built around this principle?  The ACAS
> 470?  Some 10-15 years ago.  This is so old I can't even remember the
> details any more...
>
> mr
>
> On Feb 5, 2009, at 1:37 PM, Baggi Somasundaram wrote:
>
>> A novel technology exists for purification of adherent cells which
>> allows cells to be analyzed and purified in situ rapidly without
>> having to remove the cells from their substrates (multiwall plates).
>> This In Situ Cell Purification process technology enables rapid
>> generation of pure live cell populations from very small cell
>> samples ranging from 2 to 1000 's of cells based on functional or
>> cell marker based characteristics.
>>
>> The original work was published in Cytometry 61A:153-161 (2004) High-
>> Throughput Laser -Mediated In situ Cell purification with high
>> purity yield. Manfred R. Koller et al.
>>
>> Adherent cells can be purified without forcing them into suspension,
>> thus preserving both their physiological and structural integrity
>> and cell health. It is accomplished by using ultra fast (1000 cells/
>> sec) laser manipulation to selectively and efficiently eliminate
>> undesired cells.  This non invasive In Situ process allows sparse
>> cell populations including primary cells and stem cells to be
>> purified in their closed sterile incubation environment with very
>> high yield in less than half the time compared to other conventional
>> techniques.
>>
>> This purification process compliments FACS systems and is suited for
>> all cell types, including adherent cells, non-adherent cells,
>> primary cells, Embryonic & iP stem cells, cancer stem cells, rare
>> cells and fragile cells.
>>

>> Baggi Somasundaram
>>
>> bsomasundaram at cyntellect.com

J. Paul Robinson
SVM Professor of Cytomics
Professor of Immunopharmacology & Biomedical Engineering
Director, Purdue University Cytometry Laboratories
Past-President, International Society for Analytical Cytology
(now International Society for Advancement of Cytometry)

Purdue University Cytometry Laboratories
Bindley Bioscience Center
1203 West State Street
Discovery Park, Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2057
Ph (765) 494 0757; Fax (765) 494 0517
email: jpr at flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu
www.cyto.purdue.edu

Track Paul's climbs in the Himalayas - Everest - April-May 2009
http://www.cyto.purdue.edu/trackpaul/
and see the Manaslu photos at
http://picasaweb.google.com/climbingabc

Join ISAC - www.isac-net.org
Change lives today  - www.cytometryforlife.org
Donate if you can - resource-limited nations need out help