[Cytometry] water-cooled lasers on a MoFlo XDP?

Ray Hester rhester at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Fri Feb 6 09:51:31 EST 2009

Hi,

We are trying to cut down on the cost of possibly purchasing a new MoFlo
XDP by using/transferring the lasers on our FACSVantage onto the MoFlo
(our Vantage has a water-cooled 5-watt I-90 (which we use mostly for UV
at 355nm) and water-cooled 5-watt I-70C Coherent  Spectrum laser that we
use for yellow 568, red 633, and 488 back-up).  It's our understanding
that this set-up (a MoFlo XDP with an I-90 and an I-70) has been
performed before on more than one occasion and without any problems and
that CVs, etc., with this set-up are as good as they are with the lasers
on the Vantage.  Can anyone with this set-up contact us?  In addition,
were there any problems with aligning the lasers into the XDP?  What
sort of support/table did you have to use for the lasers?

Thanks for any help with this.

Ray Hester
College of Medicine
Univ of South Alabama