[Cytometry] Dendritic cells and doublet discrimination

María Candela Iglesias Chiesa candela.iglesias at cieni.org.mx
Thu Feb 5 10:32:14 EST 2009

Dear all,

A basic question on human dendritic cell analysis: do you use a doublet
discrimination gate (say a diagonal on FSC-H vs FSC-A) when you are looking
for DCs?  I have heard comments on the doublet discrimination gate not
working for something bigger than lymphos, and we seem to lose a lot of
CD123+ and CD11c+ cells when we gate out doublets. On the other hand, how
can I be sure I don¹t have aggregated cells if I base my first gate only on
morphology (FSC vs SSC)?.  I¹d appreciate it if someone could point me to
the right articles or discussion, since I haven¹t been able to find anything
on the Purdue archives so far.

Thanks for your help!

Maria Candela Iglesias Chiesa, PhD
Centro de Investigacion en Enfermedades Infecciosas
Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias
Calz. De Tlalpan 4502. Col. Seccion XVI
Deleg. Tlalpan, Mexico DF, Mexico
Tel y fax. +52 55 5666.7985
candela.iglesias at cieni.org.mx