[Cytometry] 5 color compensation issue

Daley, John F., DFCI John_Daley at dfci.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 3 18:13:59 EST 2009

The FC500 has colinear Red and Blue laser beams with no spatial beam separation
for time delay adjustment between beams.  APC and Pe-Cy5.5 signals  will both
land on the "red"(~675nm) detector at the same time. I  believe  one has to make
use of the PE-texas red (~610nm) PMT detector  to do simultaneous  5 color
analysis  using Pe-Texas Red Tandems(aka ECD from Beckman Coulter).

John F. Daley
Director of Flow Cytometry
Hematologic Neoplasia Flow Cytometry Facility
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Mayer 584
44 Binney Street
Boston, MA 02115