[Cytometry] 5 color compensation issue

Carol Oxford cloxford at ucdavis.edu
Tue Feb 3 10:57:25 EST 2009

Hi Jason,

We run these together all the time, and all but one of our instruments
are set up to run this combination- we even add PETR and PE-Cy5 to the
mix.  I'm not familiar with the exact filters on the FC500, it's
possible that changing the filter setup might improve things.  If you
run the appropriate compensation controls and the FMO controls, you
should be able to get this to work.  It takes a bit of panel
optimization to make sure that your positive population is well
separated and above the spread of the other dyes in the mix, but it
routinely works well for us.

Carol

Zhugong Liu wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We are running 5-color flow oFC500 and have some compensation issues.
> The 5-color cocktail includes antibodies with the following
> fluorechromes: FITC, PE, PE-Cy5.5, PE-Cy7 and APC. Do you think there
> might be some reagent interactions in this panel combo, especially
> PE-Cy5.5 and other dyes? Our single controls were well compensated using
> the software-generated matrices, however the fully stained samples were
> not.
>
> Thanks for any comment/suggestion.
>
> Best,
> Jason