[Cytometry] seeking advice with measuring Calcium using Fura-3 and Fluo3 or 4?

Andrew Herman A.Herman at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Feb 3 10:23:59 EST 2009

Dear flowers,
    I was wondering if someone could help me with a protocol for
measuring intracellular Ca++ in murine T cells using the probes Fura-3
and Fluo-4.
I didn't find more than a couple of citations of the 2006 paper by
Sheree Bailey and MacArdle, and I was wondering if this assay is
routinely being used on a FACS Canto II or LSR II. Is there an
advantage to using a FACS Vantage's temperature controlled sample
holder instead of the benchtop cytometers?

Many thanks,
Andy

Andrew Herman, Ph.D.
University of Bristol
Department of Cellular & Molecular Medicine
Director, Flow Cytometry Facility
School of Medical Sciences
University Walk
Bristol BS8 1TD