[Cytometry] Inexpensive flow cytometer wanted

Guy Hermans Guy.Hermans at ablynx.com
Mon Feb 2 03:09:49 EST 2009

Hi A.,

If you can live with the loss of FITC and spectrally similar dye, I
recommend the FACSarray. Do keep in mind you won't be able to feed this
instrument any tubes, nor will the analysis software satisfy users doing
more than very basic analyses. Nothing stops them from using third-party
software, of course.

Big plusses for me are the high sensitivity for PE, ease of use (techs
here tend to prefer it over the fully tricked out Canto II when they can
run an experiment on the Array!) and great reliability; I've probably
got one of the oldest such instruments in the EU, and it's been working
flawlessly under heavy demand for years.

Guy