[Cytometry] 532 vs 568 laser

Christopher Norbury ccn1 at psu.edu
Sun Feb 1 10:09:33 EST 2009

Folks,

We are hoping to begin purchase of a new 4 laser instrument in the near
future.  We've settled on 3 lasers to include, a 405nm near-UV, the standard
488nm and a 633nm.  We are now deciding between a 532nm and 568nm laser for
the mid-ranges.  Could anyone give any input on the applicability of these
lasers for various dyes (PE, PE tandem conjugates, fruity dyes (mCherry,
tomato etc), RFP etc?  Also, is there any major difference in the
reliability of these two respective lasers?  Finally, any information on the
compensation issues of the 532 with the 488 and the 568 with the 633 would
be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

--
Chris Norbury, Ph.D
Associate Professor of Microbiology and Immunology

Lab      717 531 0624
Office   717 531 7204
Fax      717 531 6522
Email    ccn1 at psu.edu
Web      http://fred.psu.edu/ds/retrieve/fred/investigator/ccn1

This message (including any attachments) contains information intended for a
specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to applicable law.  Any
inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly
prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalty.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender indicating
this error and delete the transmission from your system immediately.