[Cytometry] Beckman Coulter Quanta users

Box, Andrew ACB at stowers.org
Mon Dec 7 15:57:36 EST 2009

Hi Brit,

I agree with Lisa on points 1 and 2, we have to clean up around the sipper frequently.

As for the laser drifting, it may actually be your alignment that's drifting unless the laser itself is getting ready to fail.  Do you run some kind of QC beads on a fairly regular basis?  We find that the alignment needs tweaking daily to maintain the loweset possible CVs (<2.0 using flowcheck 10um beads).  Also, the auto-align feature won't work correctly if the alignment is off by more than a small amount, which can be the case if it's been a long time between runs on the instrument (several days), or if something has been bumped.  In that case I am usually able to adjust alignment position and/or focus manually until I see a marked increase in fluorescence intensity accompanied by a decrease in CVs.

Good luck!

Andrew C. Box MA
Research Technician III
Cytometry Core Facility