stability of proteins in stored T cells

Pine, Sharon (NIH/NCI) [F] pines at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 23 15:18:06 EDT 2008

	Hello All,

	I am sorting various fractions of T cells from human PBMCs for
gene expression analysis. It has been logistically impractical to sort
on the same day of collection because it relies on carefully
orchestrated donor and sort availabilities from the blood bank and flow
core facility. Does anyone know of a reliable way to either store PBMCs
unfrozen for one day, or frozen for longer that retains consistent
quality of RNA of specific genes (i.e., p53)? I am worried that
long-term storage will alter how the genes are expressed. We plan to set
up an experiment to try differing storage conditions, but does anyone
have suggestions for ways that work for you?  Thanks in advance,

	Sharon

Sharon R. Pine, Ph.D.

Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis

National Cancer Institute, NIH