Make 30 uM mesh filters

saeed.ghani saeed.ghani at gmx.net
Wed Oct 8 17:00:32 EDT 2008

dear brian, dear mara,
  an alternative is to reuse the bd filters. after use store them
submersed in water, wash them with soap and a small brush and air dry
the filters. for sterile use they can be autoclaved. this works with
all mesh sizes multiple times.
of note: the cell suspension does not run through the washed filter
immediately: therefore put a drop of pbs/ water on the filter from the
opposite site first.
happy single cell preparation.
best saeed

Am 08.10.2008 um 08:46 schrieb Mara Rocchi:

> Dear Brian,
> I use two overlapped pieces of microscope lens filter paper folded in
> a cone shape -similar to the old cones made with filter paper to
> remove debris from dye solution. Put the cone in the tube and filter
> your cells. It will take some time but it does work. This is very
> inexpensive and effective in removing large-to medium clumps, even if
> some two-three cell  clumps can remain.
> You can even prepare the cones in advance and get them sterilized.
>
> Best regards
> Mara
>
> Mara Rocchi BVM&S, PhD
> Flow Cytometry Manager
> Moredun Research Institute
> Pentlands Science Park
> Bush Loan, Penicuik
> EH260PZ
> Scotland, UK
>

> Think before you print. Save paper and help the environment

# # #
saeed ghani
isländische str.12
10439 berlin