LIVE/DEAD fixable 37%

Langsdorf, Chris chris.langsdorf at
Fri Nov 7 17:36:05 EST 2008

Hi John,
The experimental protocol included with the Live/Dead Fixable Far Red kit suggests adding 100µL of 37% formaldehyde to 900µL of cells in PBS, resulting in a final formaldehyde concentration of 3.7%. You can buy 37% formaldehyde from several different vendors. If you are having difficulty finding formaldehyde in this concentration, you can always resuspend your cells in 1ml of 3.7% formaldehyde to achieve the same results.
Hope this helps,
Chris Langsdorf

From: John Mario González Escobar [mailto:johgonza at]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 12:50 PM
To: cyto-inbox
Subject: LIVE/DEAD fixable 37%

Hi there. I am trying the Live/dead fixable far red to stain for cell viability. This is my first time using the kit. There is a way change (according to protocol)  the fixation with 37% of PFA. I am having troubles preparing the solution.

John M. Gonzalez MD, PhD

Associate Professor

School of Medicine

Basic Medical Sciences

Carrera 1 No. 18A-10, Edificio Q, piso 8

Bogota, Colombia

Phone: 57 (1) 3394949, ext 3718

Lab: ext 3900

Fax: 57 (1) 3324281