LIVE/DEAD fixable 37%

Langsdorf, Chris chris.langsdorf at invitrogen.com
Fri Nov 7 17:36:05 EST 2008

Hi John,

The experimental protocol included with the Live/Dead Fixable Far Red kit suggests adding 100µL of 37% formaldehyde to 900µL of cells in PBS, resulting in a final formaldehyde concentration of 3.7%. You can buy 37% formaldehyde from several different vendors. If you are having difficulty finding formaldehyde in this concentration, you can always resuspend your cells in 1ml of 3.7% formaldehyde to achieve the same results.

http://probes.invitrogen.com/media/pis/mp34955.pdf

Hope this helps,

Chris Langsdorf