Annexin x Tunel

Darzynkiewicz, Zbigniew Z_DARZYNKIEWICZ at nymc.edu
Mon Jun 30 17:12:25 EDT 2008

Hello Sania,

Did you examine by microscopy whether bacterial DNA (in the bacteria invading your cells) is not TUNEL-positive? It is possible that being degraded bacterial DNA may become a good primer to terminal transferase and undergoes labeling during the TUNEL reaction. Besides, microscopy is the only sure way to distinguish apoptosis from necrosis.

Good luck!

Zbigniew Darzynkiewicz, M.D., Ph.D.

Professor of Pathology and Medicine
Director, Brander Cancer Research Institute
New York Medical College
BSB, Room 438
Valhalla, N.Y. 10595

www.darzynkiewicz.com/zbigniew/