DiVa nozzle salt volcano

dombkowski@helix.mgh.harvard.edu dombkowski at helix.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 25 20:20:55 EDT 2008

  The issue of buildup of salt on FACSVantage Diva is related to
relative humidity in sorter environment. When humidity is low and air
is dry the salt buildup is amplified. When humidity levels are higher
the problem becomes less apparent.

David

Hi Frank,

We also saw this on our FACSVantageDiva a couple of years ago - also
on the 70 micron nozzle at 30psi. It disappeared after a couple of
weeks and has not reoccurred.

Conjecture at the time was that there were some "issues" with the
in-house PBS but we were not able to get any further than that.
Another possibility was the nozzle attachment - we replaced several
o-rings around that time because of seepage. The visible seepage
didn't correlate with the salt build so it wasn't an obvious cause
but I guess there might have been low level seepage that could have
been contributing.

Let us know if you work it out.

Regards,

Adrian Smith
Centenary Institute, Sydney, Australia

--
David M. Dombkowski
dombkowski at helix.mgh.harvard.edu
Flow Cytometry-Pathology-CPZN room 4310
Center for Regenerative Medicine and Technology
Massachusetts General Hospital
185 Cambridge Street
Boston,MA 02114
Tel (617)-726-1683
Fax (617)-724-3164

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.