AW: DiVa nozzle salt volcano

Eckstein, Volker Volker.Eckstein at med.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jun 24 05:57:59 EDT 2008

Hi Frank,

I know this phenomenon till I am working with my Vantage SE (without
DIVA!). If you use FACSFlow as sheath fluid everything is ok. But if you
use pure PBS as sheath 'vulcano growing' as you descibed occurs. As I
have observed this is not linked to a specific nozzle size nor to a
certain sheath pressure. Because of this we use FACSFlow for all our
sorts with no negative effects on sterility or post-sort cell viability
and growth. But I do also not know what causes this phenomenon and await
other comments.

Rgds

Volker

Volker Eckstein PhD