Flow Cytometry Intensive Short Course at UC Davis

Carol Oxford cloxford at UCDAVIS.EDU
Mon Jun 16 18:16:52 EDT 2008

I wanted to announce our third annual Flow Cytometry Short Course at UC
Davis.	We're finally able to open the course to non- UCD participants.
We have a few spots left for the full lecture and lab portion, and space
available for the lecture only section.

      Flow Cytometry

*July 14 - 18***

Flow Cytometry is a powerful tool in modern biology.  The applications
are numerous, and have contributed to many fields including by virology,
immunology, and molecular biology.  This course begins with introductory
flow cytometry and progresses through development and design of
multicolor panels.  Afternoon sessions will include hands-on training in
applications and training on various instruments.   Students will be
exposed to the Beckman MoFlo cell sorter, Becton Dickinson FACScan flow
cytometer, LSR II, Beckman Quanta, Guava, Opera, and others.  The course
also provides hands on data analysis with FlowJo software.

The lecture sessions cover the FloCyte basic and multiparameter courses,
and each afternoon provides hands on lab experience.

*Lead Instructors: * Carol Oxford, Director, FACS Core; Susan DeMaggio,
President and CEO, FloCyte Associates, Inc.; Barbara L. Shacklett, PhD,
Associate Professor, Dept. of Medical Microbiology and Immunology,
School of Medicine, UC Davis,  Nicole Baumgarth, PhD, Associate
Professor, Center for Comparative Medicine, Jan Nolta, Professor,
Director, UCD Stem Cell Program, Marty Bigos, Director, FACS Core,
Gladstone Insititue.

*Two Choices:  1) *Lectures AND Labs or; *2)* Lectures onlyl

*Register* through UCD Conference & Event Services at
*_http://www.cevs.ucdavis.edu/Flow_*