Technical vacancy in sunny Miami...
zipkg at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 12:54:17 EDT 2008
University of Miami (Miami, Florida)
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
Position Description for Flow Cytometry Core Technical
UM/Sylvester Core: Flow Cytometry Core
Position Requested by: H. James Hnatyszyn, Ph.D.,
Assistant Director for Shared Resources and Technology
Development at UM/Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer
Date Position Required by: Immediate
Position Title: Technician Research Associate
Position Salary: $37,500 - $50,000
Position Qualifications and Requirements: Bachelors
Degree (BSc.) in biological or physical sciences with
experience in flow cytometry applications. This is a
hands on position. The candidate must be capable of
interacting with a wide variety of scientists and
personnel at all levels. Excellent communication and
inter-personal skills are imperative. Training will be
provided. Candidates must be willing to work an
alternate work schedule. Applications from industry
personnel are encouraged.
Position Responsibilities: The Flow Cytometry Core
Technical Personnel will have the following
1) Operate flow cytometry instrumentation on a daily
basis as part of a team staffing the Sylvester
Comprehensive Cancer Center Flow Cytometry Core
2) Perform daily maintenance on Flow Cytometry Core
3) Daily laboratory maintenance and cleaning.
4) Instruction to new faculty, post-docs and
5) Data acquisition via software and reporting.
6) Aid in evaluation of new molecular technologies and
chemistries for possible implementation in the Flow
7) Aid in preparation of data for oral and poster
presentations at national and international meetings.
8) Attend shared resource planning meetings and other
relevant SCCC meetings as required.
9) Attend designated trainings and keep current on
If you are interested in the above position, please
send your C.V./resume and cover letter to Huw S.
("Zip") Kruger Gray at HKGray at med.miami.edu, or to H.
James Hnatyszyn at JHnatyszyn at med.miami.edu.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Cytometry