PNH and IO-Test

Nebe, Thomas Thomas.Nebe at
Mon Jul 14 05:53:51 EDT 2008

Dear Collegues @ cytometry list server,

We do PNH testing for a while and in absence of an EQA scheme in Europe we
exchange samples among expert laboratories.

We have observed the same problems in our lab as the collegue from Signapore
described (for the same reasons).

The IOT clone does not see the GPI anchor/deficiency. Coulter has not given
any reply to my complaint yet.

Reference clones for CD55 and CD59 should be the ones from the blood bank in
Bristol, distributed by Cymbus biosciences.

Thomas Nebe Carl Thomas Nebe
Facharzt für Laboratoriumsmedizin und Klinischer Chemiker
Leiter des hämatologischen Speziallabors
Onkologikum Frankfurt am Museumsufer
Gartenstr. 134
D-60596 Frankfurt / Main

Tel. +49 (0)69 / 69 76 965-0