How to deal with ARIA contamination?

Konz, Richard Richard.Konz at umassmed.edu
Wed Jan 30 14:50:04 EST 2008

Hi Akos:

We have been using Mario Roederer's decontamination protocol on our 4
laser SORP Aria [in a BSL3 suite] for the last year with great results.
So far [knock on wood] no contamination at all.  The sorter has been
running without issue as well.

Here is the link to Mario's web page with the decontamination protocol:

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/labs/aboutlabs/VRC/flowCytometryCoreLaboratory
/DecontaminationProcedure%28FACSAria%29.htm

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

-Rich

Richard F. Konz, Jr.

Assistant Professor

Department of Medicine

Graduate Faculty, Immunology and Virology Program

Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility

UMass Medical School

55 Lake Avenue North
Room S5-322