DiVa software and Windows accounts

Richard D. Schretzenmair rds at mail.MED.UPENN.EDU
Wed Jan 30 17:05:49 EST 2008

All,

Has anyone set up DiVa software to work on a Windows XP machine with
many (>100) Windows user accounts? We have many instruments with DiVa
software in about five locations with hundreds of users, so, we are
in the early stages of looking into a centralized Network booting
solution that will handle user authentication and authorization. XP
can handle this, but it is less than clear that DiVa will operate in
this environment. DiVa's built in user accounts are cumbersome when
administering so many machines in many locations, hence the Network
boot. Also, is anybody using DiVa in a non-administrative account? If
so, was there any special setup?

Rich

Richard D. Schretzenmair

Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting Shared Resource
Abramson Cancer Center
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
297 John Morgan Bldg.
3620 Hamilton Walk
Philadelphia, PA  19104-6082

Phone:	215-898-3528