negative control for MRP1

Giselle Pinto de Faria giselle at anato.ufrj.br
Wed Jan 30 14:13:28 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to analyse MRP1 expression in A549 cells. We are used to
calibrate the FACScan just with the autofluorescence of the cells, as
negative control. We not have a isotype control for this antibody (FITC
mouse anti-human MRP1). The problem is that the tube containing only cells
presents more fluorescence that the majority of cells labeled with the
antibody (archive attached). We see distinct subpopulations in FSC x FL1
dot plot, however as the autoflurescence presents more intensity, it rest
a few cells MRP1 positives. What can we do to explain and to solve this
problem?

Best regards to all,

Giselle Pinto de Faria
Laboratório de Morfogênese Celular
Departamento de Anatomia - ICB - CCS
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro - UFRJ - Brasil