How to deal with ARIA contamination?

Wayne Green wgreen at genetics.utah.edu
Tue Jan 29 16:40:58 EST 2008

Akos:
	    A couple of years ago the folks from Aldagen Inc. had a poster describing the steps necessary to make an Aria consistently "sterilizable" for GMP stem cell sorts.  It turns out to be a design problem in that there are many areas in the fluidics that either don't flush completely, retain small quantities of old sheath fluid or vent unfiltered to the atmosphere.  Fortunately, they recently published this information complete with photos and descriptions of replacement parts.  See Cytotherapy, Vol 9, No 6, pp562-568 (2007).  It would be great if the manufacturer incorporated some of these design modifications.

Wayne F. Green, Ph.D.
Flow Cytometry Core Lab
University of Utah HSC
Salt Lake City, UT 84132