Contrad vs. Coulter Clenz

Ernest Stapleton Ernest.Stapleton at easternhealth.ca
Tue Jan 29 09:58:13 EST 2008

We have used both and agree with David's comments about the Contrad 70.
Contrad 70 as a 5 or 10% concentration really cleans up the tubing quite well. We used it routinely when we ran our FacStarPlus sorter.
Our regular suppliers have discontinued carrying it and we would have to order it directly from the US or Great Britain.
It just so happens we have easy access to Coulter Clenz (used by our Hematology analyzers) and use it routinely on our FacsCalibur : 50% concentration mixed with sheath or PBS, not water.
It forms a precipitate upon standing for a few days and you have to keep an eye on it and discard when necessary. It works very well and for us, and best of all, it's free. The hematology analyzers use about 1/10th of what's supplied.

Cheers,
Ernest Stapleton
Division Manager
Immunology and Genetics Laboratories