Apoptosis staining in whole blood

kfurr@bidmc.harvard.edu kfurr at bidmc.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 25 14:25:59 EST 2008

Hi, Our group is trying to develop an assay that will allow us to determine apoptotic and necrotic lymphocytes (primarily apoptotic cells) in rhesus macaque whole blood samples.	In the future, we would like to avoid enrichment of lymphocytes by density gradient separation since these procedures can significantly change lymphocyte subset distributions. We are currently using Annexin V and would like to continue to use Annexin V. However, the problem we are running into is how to eliminate RBCs without increasing the affinity for or losing Annexin V binding. Any suggestions as to a procedure that would allow us to reduce RBCs without affecting the integrity of the Annexin V binding or possibly an alternative method to Annexin V staining that will not be affected by the RBC lysis step would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Katie

Kathryn Furr

Division of Viral Pathogenesis

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

RE-111a

41 Avenue Louis Pasteur

Boston, MA 02115

Phone : 617-667-4707

Fax : 617-667-8210

This document may contain information that is privileged, CONFIDENTIAL and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately, as the use of this information is strictly prohibited.