mAbs to distinguish mouse macrophages and monocytes??

Pieter Bogaert pieter.bogaert at dmbr.UGent.be
Sat Jan 26 06:19:24 EST 2008

hello,

if you want to specifically target alveolar mature macrophages, a good
parameter is - in my opinion - CD11c(high) / autofluorescence(high) /
CD11b(med)
immature macrophages/monocytes will then be CD11c(+/med) /
autofluorescence(low) / CD11b(+/med)
Of course, depending on the type of inflammatory stimulus, some changes
can occur in the expression pattern of surface markers, but I think that
this panel covers most of the conditions.

see also:
Accurate and simple discrimination of mouse pulmonary dendritic cell and
macrophage populations by flow cytometry: Methodology and new insights
Vermaelen, K & Pauwels, R
Cytometry 2004

and

Dynamics of macrophage cell populations during murine pulmonary tuberculosis
Gonzalez-Juarrero M, Shim TS, Kipnis A, Junqueira-Kipnis AP, Orme IM
J Immunology 2003

**
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=Search&Term=%22Gonzalez-Juarrero%
20M%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVCitati
on>Hope
this helps you somewhat further...

Pieter

--
Pieter Bogaert
Molecular Immunology Lab

Tel :  +32-9-33 13 655
e-mail : pieter.bogaert at dmbr.UGent.be