autofluorescence increase-post fixation-violet laser

Lora Barsky lbarsky at chla.usc.edu
Thu Jan 24 18:10:15 EST 2008

Dear List,

a curious thing is occurring in our hands.  We are observing an
increase in autofluorescence off a violet laser trigger when we have
cells fixed in paraformaldehyde.  Only a subset of the cells (~20%)
are increasing their autofluorescence.	 At this time,	I do not know
how old the fixative is, or it's concentration.   Is there anyone who
could shed some light as to what is happening?

I'm running a 3 laser Aria with standard Violet laser with Standard
optics.  Looking at fluorescence with wavelength 450/40.

Thank you,
Lora

Lora Barsky
Manager, Flow Cytometry Lab
Division of Research Immunology/BMT/GISCT Program
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd., MailStop #62
Los Angeles, CA  90027

lbarsky at chla.usc.edu