help! 293F cell line

Hastings, Richard C richard.hastings at astrazeneca.com
Wed Jan 23 16:50:11 EST 2008

Hi,

We have had these cells in the laboratory for a few years and found them to be excellent for protein production and for expressing recombinant receptors. A few tricks we have learned are thaw 10^7 cells in 20 ml of Freestyle media into a 125 ml Erlenmeyer flask (we use flasks with a filtered cap from Corning cat # 431143), change the media the day after thawing, spin the cells down @ 100xg (this is important as they don't do well when spun down hard), resuspend the cells no lower than 0.2 x 10^6 c/ml, do not allow the culture to get above 2.5 x 10^6 c/ml  and use your regular cell freezing media, don't make up the recipe that Invitrogen recommends using Freestyle media.

Rich Hastings