Appropriate number of events to collect for 3 color flow cytometry ?

MODEL, MICHAEL mmodel at kent.edu
Fri Jan 18 12:19:26 EST 2008

I think for a Gaussian distribution, the 99% confidence interval for the
mean is (stand deviation)/(2.6*sqrt(N)), N - number of events. From this
you can estimate N. I think people usually prefer to collect more events
than would be necessary from this estimate, and with blood it's easy
enough to do so. (But I am not really a flow professional)

Michael Model, Ph.D.
Confocal Microscopy Core
Dpt. Biological Sciences
Kent State University