Appropriate number of events to collect for 3 color flow cytometry ?

Deborah.Shapira@csiro.au Deborah.Shapira at csiro.au
Thu Jan 17 17:03:36 EST 2008

Dear Abdul

There is no such thing as too many questions in this forum.

I find that the correct number of events depends on what populations you
are looking for. Generally if the population of interest varies greatly
from sample to sample and/or has a low frequency then you are better off
collecting 20,000 events. No doubt somebody on the list who does more
clinical work will be able to give you a more definitive answer.

Good luck and keep asking those questions - we all learn from the
answers.

regards
Deb

Deborah Shapira
Flow Cytometry
CSIRO Molecular and  Health Technologies
Riverside Corporate Park
11 Julius Ave North Ryde NSW 2113
AUSTRALIA

+61 2 9490 5134 (bus)