Upgrading to DIVA 6.0?

Shen, Hongmei shenh at upmc.edu
Fri Jan 18 10:42:25 EST 2008

We also had very smooth upgrade of Diva 6.0 on our SOS Aria and LSR II.
For more than 3 months, our users have no problems or complains related
to the software even when they load the temples or experiments from old
version.

Add one more impression for Diva 6.0: We can acquire more than 10
million cells now!  Although we are unable to load all those events back
into the Diva 6.0 due to the limited memory, at least, we have the FCS
file with all the events acquired and are able to analyze it by using
other software.

In Diva 6.0, we are unable to print only 1 page of the instrument
setting if there are more pages.  It will print out all pages at once.
It requires the extra steps (PDF or PrintScreen) to do this.

To add a new flouorochrome name for a specific parameter/channel is a
little bid headache.  Although all customized names from Diva 5 can be
migrated to the Diva 6.0, they actually are not migrated to the
parameter list.  If you need to add another name to the
parameter/channel with existing customized names on it already, you need
to add existing and new names to the parameter list first and drag them
ALL together to that parameter/channel.

Hongmei Shen Ph.D
Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility
Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute
Research Associate Professor of Surgery and Radiation Oncology
University of Pittsburgh
E1556 Biomedical Science Tower
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261