Upgrading to DIVA 6.0?

B. Hooibrink B.Hooibrink at amc.uva.nl
Thu Jan 17 04:52:24 EST 2008

HI Michele,

answering your questions:

we did upgrading from diva 5 to 6, but on the same computers (xw4300)
and have seen not any difficulties with the older database and experiments.
answer 1: yes, database and experiments can be transferred
       2: we do have a HTS and we didn't had any problem running it from
older experiments on a FacscantoII
       3: make backups from your experiments or complete database before
you start upgrading
       4: I like it. It's better. Some favorite options I use daily:
adjusting regions proportionally, stop/resume sorting is saving the
sortcounts now, and CST Instruments performance control.

cheers,

Berend Hooibrink
dept. Cell biology
AMC University of Amsterdam