Upgrading to DIVA 6.0?

Michele Black mblack2 at u.washington.edu
Tue Jan 15 15:29:20 EST 2008

Greetings,

Does anyone have first hand experience upgrading to DIVA 6.0? I am
purchasing 3 new HP workstations (xw4400's) so as far as speed, memory and
HD space I should be set. I will be putting these on my Canto, LSRII and
Aria.

Questions

1. Can the experiments and user database be transferred to 6.0 from a
previous version from an old workstation?

2. Anyone using HTS on an LSR II, do the HTS templates transfer OK?

3. Do's and don'ts when upgrading? If you have already gone through this and
know of some things that will save me from pulling my hair out I would love
to hear what you have to say.

4. General impression of the improvements from the previous version?

Cheers,

Michele

Michele Black
Director | Cell Analysis Facility