mitochondrial mass measurement ***Commercial Response***

David Basiji basiji at amnis.com
Tue Jan 8 15:54:25 EST 2008

Hi Derek and David,

We did a quick feasibility test of Invitrogen's Organelle Lights
mitochondrial GFP probe versus TMRE in the same Colo205 cells using the
ImageStream. We found very good co-localization of the signals. The GFP
signal was seemingly independent of mitochondrial potential and
exhibited much lower background staining than TMRE. I think it would be
a good indicator of mitochondrial mass in the cell types that work with
the Organelle Lights transfection system.

Best,
David

David Basiji, Ph.D.
President and CEO, Amnis Corporation
2505 Third Ave., Suite 210
Seattle, WA 98121
+1 206 374 7165 direct
+1 206 919 3342 mobile
+1 206 576 6895 fax

This email and any attachment contain information which is intended for
the addressees only. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender.