Preventing Membrane Leakiness of Fixed Cells

JOHN BOUCHER jbouch at verizon.net
Sat Jan 5 16:20:59 EST 2008

Dear LIST:

Earlier, I requested help for a method(s) to prevent membrane
leakiness to fluorescent labels in fixed cells. Help may be on the
way!  The goal is to label ONLY surface molecules of fixed cells
WITHOUT the label penetrating the membrane and labeling inner lipid
bilayer molecules also.

  A source potentially wanting to tackle the problem will work on a
solution IF the need is great enough.  IF you are one who also needs
this help, please let me know, AND include  any specialized needs
(spectral requirements, or other parameters needed to measure at the
same time).

Regards,	       John

John H. Boucher, DVM, PhD
Rheotech Labs, Inc.