Preventing Membrane Leakiness -- How To.

JOHN BOUCHER jbouch at verizon.net
Thu Jan 3 22:34:10 EST 2008

Dear List:

Michael took the words right out of my mouth (see below).  I ,too,
need to find a technique for overcoming the membrane leakiness caused
by fixing RBCs (glutaraldehyde or formaldehyde).  As with Michael,
improving the fixation technique to prevent/inhibit membrane pores,
OR, "building" a fluorescent label larger than the pores so that they
won't penetrate the membrane is a long sought goal.

Please, please, if you send a miracle answer to Michael, send a copy
to me too.

John H. Boucher, DVM, PhD
Rheotech Labs, Inc.
Comparative Studies in Blood Rheology