CAP checklist item FLO.23706

Montgomery, Roberta J Roberta.Montgomery at hcmed.org
Wed Jan 2 16:23:56 EST 2008

Can anyone provide any further information on the new checklist item for CAP, FLO.23706 which reads "Are gated dot plots and histograms retained for at least 10 years?"

I'm wondering if this refers to paper and electronic, or either one/or the other, and is it for all applications? For example, I have more than 10 years electronically for CD4 counts, but I don't have paper records that far back. I thought the requirement for CD4 counts was two years, and paper or electronic, not necessarily both. I have both for leukemia/lymphoma (since the beginning) so that isn't a concern for me.

Robbi Montgomery, MLS, MT(ASCP)SI, CLS(NCA)
Director of Education
Clinical Laboratories
Hennepin County Medical Center
701 Park Ave, P4