Calcium Orange

S Newton S.Newton at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Feb 25 11:49:43 EST 2008

Hello all
I posted a few months back regarding a calcium dye that we could excute off a
405, 488 or 633nm laser that didn't emitt in the same channels as GFP.
We have tried Calcium orange and are seeing no shift. Using a positive
control cell line with no GFP present nice shifts were detected when using Fluo
3 however the same cells and treatments showed no shift with the Calcium
Orange.

We are using the 488nm laser, and are aware that this is not optimal for the
calcium orange dye....does anyone have any experience with this dye and/or
any advise? We are concerned that the cells aren't loading properly, or the
excitation isn't sufficient.
Thanks in advance
Sue

--