To display fluorescent intensity from 0 to 10^5 range

Yoshinobu Koguchi koguchiy at ohsu.edu
Fri Dec 5 15:51:40 EST 2008

Hi All,

I would like to get an advice on a technical difficulty related to the
software FACSDiva and FlowJo.

I collected the data by LSR II with FACSDiva software.
Although I could see fluorescent signal from 0 to 10^5 range in FACSDiva,
after exporting the data from FACSDiva as FCS 3.0 files and then when I
opened FCS files with FlowJo, the data can be only displayed from 0 to 10^4
range and the data between 10^4 and 10^5 was flattened against y-axis.

We recently replaced the computer for LSR II and re-installed FACSDiva.
FlowJo can still display full range, 0 to 10^5, if I opened the data I
obtained before the computer's crashing.
So, I am suspecting this is caused by the setting in FACSDiva, specifically
for the exporting process.

Do you have any suggestion and an advice for this?

Thank you very much!

-Yoshi

Yoshinobu Koguchi
Mol. Micro.& Immunol.