To display fluorescent intensity from 0 to 10^5 range

Yoshinobu Koguchi koguchiy at
Fri Dec 5 15:51:40 EST 2008

Hi All,

I would like to get an advice on a technical difficulty related to the
software FACSDiva and FlowJo.

I collected the data by LSR II with FACSDiva software.
Although I could see fluorescent signal from 0 to 10^5 range in FACSDiva,
after exporting the data from FACSDiva as FCS 3.0 files and then when I
opened FCS files with FlowJo, the data can be only displayed from 0 to 10^4
range and the data between 10^4 and 10^5 was flattened against y-axis.

We recently replaced the computer for LSR II and re-installed FACSDiva.
FlowJo can still display full range, 0 to 10^5, if I opened the data I
obtained before the computer's crashing.
So, I am suspecting this is caused by the setting in FACSDiva, specifically
for the exporting process.

Do you have any suggestion and an advice for this?

Thank you very much!

Yoshinobu Koguchi
Mol. Micro.& Immunol.
Oregon Health & Science Univ