Chromosome questions

Bee Ling Ng bln at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Sep 28 11:37:34 EDT 2007

Dear Lindsey,

Our lab routinely sort/analyse chromosomes for microarray and FISH work.

We made used of 3um spherotech rainbow fluorescent particles for
alignment. In order to obtain data with good resolution (please see
attached paper) the instrument has to be aligned with 'very tight CV'.
You don't have to 'tweak' much in between sorting if the instrument is
stable (our Mo-Flo as well as lasers are sitting on an antivibration
table).

I haven't try using a 50um nozzle-so I'm not sure about the quality of
data.

Hope the above help.

Regards,
Bee