Luminex versus Calibur

Suzanne Mertens saguila at emory.edu
Mon Sep 24 16:33:25 EDT 2007

Dear Flow List-ers,
I'm collecting pros and cons to running CBAs on either the Luminex
platform or on existing BD FACS Caliburs. We're looking for cytokine
expression from a wide variety of sources...

- mouse serum for cytokines
- human cytokine responses from T cells
- multiplexed assays for human, non-human primate, and mouse cytokines
- cytokines form culture supernatant of spleen, and lymph nodes of
tumor-bearing mice
- multiplexed assays for cytokines from mouse and non-human primate
dendritic cells

.and so the question is: what can a Luminex 200 do for us any
faster or easier than a Calibur for CBAs?

-- Suzanne

---
Suzanne Aguilar Mertens
Technical Director, Flow Cytometry Core
Emory Vaccine Center
954 Gatewood Road
Atlanta, GA 30329

suzanne.mertens at emory.edu
lab: 404.712.9730
office:  404.727.8619
cell:  404.276.8521

Online Scheduler: evc-flowsched.rmy.emory.edu
Flow Blog: flowcytometry.typepad.com