gating question

Litwin, Virginia Virginia.Litwin at mdsinc.com
Tue Sep 18 18:58:07 EDT 2007

All

I am doing a simple (so I thought) staining for CD45CD19/CD20/CD5 with
one FMO control CD45/CD19/CD20/0.  After gating on the CD19, I am
looking at the CD20 vs CD5.  In some, not all samples (so far healthy
volunteers), the CD20 cluster kind of sinks in the tube with the CD5
compared to the FMO.  Do you think I should gate on the cluster and not
use a quadrant region? I want to measure CD20 negatives and I think this
sinking phenomenon will give me false results.
Thanks,

Virginia M. Litwin, Ph.D.

Laboratory Director, MDS Pharma Services

PO Box 7839

North Brunswick, NJ 08902

Office:  (732) 951-3243

Cell:  (732) 979-8980

Fax:  (732) 951-3834

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.