Fluorescence thresholds

Cassandra Horne cdhorne at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 13 12:47:43 EDT 2007

Dear Flowers,

I have a client that would like to determine how many fluorescently labeled
vesicles (from dictyostelium lysate) are green, red, or both.  The problem
is these vesicles are about 200nm.  If I set my threshold on a fluorescent
parameter, I can see small particles (not sure about 200nm), but will it
work if I trigger on 2 fluorescent parameters?	I have an Aria and a
Calibur, but I must admit that I don't understand the Boolean logic (And/Or)
for the Threshold parameters.  Is this experiment feasible with either
instrument?

Thanks for your help!

Cassy

Cassandra Horne