DDAO-SE

Gabrielle Rizzuto rizzutog at mskcc.org
Fri Sep 7 12:53:01 EDT 2007

Hello,

We're trying to stain cells for in vivo proliferation tracking with the far
red dye DDAO-SE (from Molecular Probes), similar to CFSE.  Unfortunately,
our preliminary in vivo experiments aren't working out -- we are not
recovering the usual number of labelled cells (as when we use a CFSE
protocol), in some cases we cannot find them at all, suggesting in vivo
death/elimination of the DDAO+ cells.

Does anyone have any experience with using this dye for measuring
proliferation in vivo -- we would appreciate any suggestions.

NOTE:  We stained our cells at a 10 micromolar concentration in PBS (15 min,
37 degrees), quench in media with serum, and then wash with PBS before
injection.

Thanks so much,
Gabrielle Rizzuto
Graduate student, Houghton tumor immunology lab, SKI
rizzutog at mskcc.org