ARIA Cooling and Sort Rate

Ck Poon cpoon at medsfgh.ucsf.edu
Thu Sep 6 14:50:28 EDT 2007

Dear All ARIA Experts,

I have two quick questions for you gentlemen/ladies.

1. The cooling mechanism of the sample chamber can¹t seem to keep the sort
sample at 4C. Does anyone have any suggestions? I¹m thinking milling a metal
tube holder adapter to replace the plastic ones that come default with the
instrument.

2. When sorting fresh human PBMCs (from density separation), we can¹t go
higher than 12k/sec (with threshold not including debris on purity sorting
mode) without clogging the nozzle. Any pointers?

Looking forward to your valuable opinion and thank you very much.

Thanks,
Ck

Ck Poon
Division of Experimental Medicine